- The top of the list should be a good Home Inspection Company,
- be sure they have been recommended
- don't always be swayed by the price, it's experience, knowledge, certification ASHI
- Basic inspection,
- will include, all appliances, airconditioners, windows, doors, cabinets, electrical outlets, garage door opener, electric storm shutters if installed, doorbells, showers, tubs, toilets and faucets to start,
- this test is performed at the same time with special equipment that takes two measurements, one outside the home and the other inside for comparison; these tests are sent out to a lab for analysis;
- Chinese Drywall,
- Here you have a new area recently discovered in homes built or remodeled around 2005-2007; here too is a test that is performed by a lab, 3x3 or 4x4 samples are cut from an obsure area in the home probably in a closet, these samples are sent out to a lab to be tested; there are other ways to determine Chinese Drywall seen here.
- Radon comes from the ground, sometimes transported from one place to the other in such things as agrigate used to make cement or can be found in granate or other like materials; this too requires special testing by certified persons. Equipment is placed into the home and left for about 73 hours test. There are health issues related to this toxin.
- Termites etc
- Wood boring insects can be a problem anywhere but probably more so in a sub-tropical climate
Sunday, August 29, 2010
5 Reasons to Have a Home Inspection!
Alright you have decided to "Move to Naples Florida and realize that a Home Inspection is in order; What 5 things should be considered for this inspection?